Suggestions For a Better Freestyle Experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions For a Better Freestyle Experience

Right now, this game is a mess with its AFK players, ball-hoggers, and just laggy players in general. These are some suggestions I have for this game:

First: If players don't pick up the controller and move they should automatically be kicked after 10-25 seconds of gameplay.

Second: I would like there to be an option to kick a player off of your team (of course 2 players would have to agree). This is for people who love ball-hogging believe that there is an i in team.

Third: There really needs to be some sort of system where you can view the profiles of people you just played with. That way if you had great randoms then you guys can add each other and keep playing!

Fourth: There really needs to be a filter system when you're matching up with players. I don't like going into a game where I'm using Joey (SF) and my teammates have 2 PGs. Then the other team plays big and has 2 Cs or a C and PF.

Fifth: I think they should implement some sort of a teammate grade during the game or even let us give our teammates a grade on how they played (or just rate them 1-5). The better your rank, the better rewards? Or maybe you could get more coins based on your rank? Let me know how that sounds.

Sixth: The 1v1 system needs to be reconfigured. The A.I basically plays like bad online players. They take very questionable shots and they don't pass you the ball even when you're open and calling for it. It definitely needs some tweaking.

Please suggest more things below I would like to hear everyone's thoughts. Lets make this a great game for everyone!

EDIT: Turns out they have already planned on implementing the first and third option in some way so that's great.
    Last edited by ItsBeezo; 01-17-2017, 03:56 PM.
    I need people that know how to play the game.

PSN: ItsBeezo

Check out the official website. They posted developer note that penalty system for AFK and rage quiter is coming. They listen we post here so keep your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by BallerZak View Post
      Check out the official website. They posted developer note that penalty system for AFK and rage quiter is coming. They listen we post here so keep your posts.
      Hey man I appreciate the heads up. I didn't even know that.

Comment

@ItsBeezo

1st: As BallerZak already mentioned: A penalty system for AFK and Rage-quitters will be added soon, so look forward to it.

2nd: Sadly as much as I dislike ballhogs, this is a terrible idea. Even though ballhogers are playing selfishly, they're not breaking any rules of the game. Vote kicking someone because they're hogging the ball basically forces a 2 on 3 situation and will basically guarantee you a loss even more than having a ballhog on your team ever will. If you don't want to deal with ballhogs on your team, you're simply going to have to find some peeps to play with and rely less on solo/duo-queuing.

3rd: They're already planning to add something similiar to this as mentioned by the recent Dev-note in the form of a "Stay as Team" button, so if you managed to some teammates during a random match that you liked playing with, you can hit this button and stick together, which I really like. Can't wait for this option to get added.

4tth: Very much agreed, but funny enough, the game's matchmaking system DOES try to pair players with various positions before forming a team (one front court position: Center / Power Forward, one mid court position: Small Forward / Point Guard, and one Back count position: Shooting Guard). I know this because whenever I try to queue up as William or Fred, it takes me awhile to find a match, but whenever I queue up as Clarke or Luther, I almost instantly get a queue pop and I usually get paired up with a Joey + Kim or Cindy + Kim.

Still, I'd really like to see an option for players to get formed up with some random players and THEN let the players pick their positions before starting the match. Hoping something like that gets added soon.
        Last edited by mikedot; 01-16-2017, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedot View Post
          @ItsBeezo

1st: As BallerZak already mentioned: A penalty system for AFK and Rage-quitters will be added soon, so look forward to it.

2nd: Sadly as much as I dislike ballhogs, this is a terrible idea. Even though ballhogers are playing selfishly, they're not breaking any rules of the game. Vote kicking someone because they're hogging the ball basically forces a 2 on 3 situation and will basically guarantee you a loss even more than having a ballhog on your team ever will. If you don't want to deal with ballhogs on your team, you're simply going to have to find some peeps to play with and rely less on solo/duo-queuing.

3rd: They're already planning to add something similiar to this as mentioned by the recent Dev-note in the form of a "Stay as Team" button, so if you managed to some teammates during a random match that you liked playing with, you can hit this button and stick together, which I really like. Can't wait for this option to get added.

4tth: Very much agreed, but funny enough, the game's matchmaking system DOES try to pair players with various positions before forming a team (one front court position: Center / Power Forward, one mid court position: Small Forward / Point Guard, and one Back count position: Shooting Guard). I know this because whenever I try to queue up as William or Fred, it takes me awhile to find a match, but whenever I queue up as Clarke or Luther, I almost instantly get a queue pop and I usually get paired up with a Joey + Kim or Cindy + Kim.

Still, I'd really like to see an option for players to get formed up with some random players and THEN let the players pick their positions before starting the match. Hoping something like that gets added soon.
          Yeah I guess it's because most people want to be a guard or SF. But you're right about the ballhogging thing. I was just angry about playing with people that ballhog even though they're bad at the game. I'm glad they're finally putting in some sort of punishment for AFK players and the "Stay as Team" option.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsBeezo View Post
            Right now, this game is a mess with its AFK players, ball-hoggers, and just laggy players in general. These are some suggestions I have for this game:

First: If players don't pick up the controller and move they should automatically be kicked after 10-25 seconds of gameplay.

Second: I would like there to be an option to kick a player off of your team (of course 2 players would have to agree). This is for people who love ball-hogging believe that there is an i in team.

Third: There really needs to be some sort of system where you can view the profiles of people you just played with. That way if you had great randoms then you guys can add each other and keep playing!

Fourth: There really needs to be a filter system when you're matching up with players. I don't like going into a game where I'm using Joey (SF) and my teammates have 2 PGs. Then the other team plays big and has 2 Cs or a C and PF.

Fifth: I think they should implement some sort of a teammate grade during the game or even let us give our teammates a grade on how they played (or just rate them 1-5). The better your rank, the better rewards? Or maybe you could get more coins based on your rank? Let me know how that sounds.

Sixth: The 1v1 system needs to be reconfigured. The A.I basically plays like bad online players. They take very questionable shots and they don't pass you the ball even when you're open and calling for it. It definitely needs some tweaking.

Please suggest more things below I would like to hear everyone's thoughts. Lets make this a great game for everyone!

EDIT: Turns out they have already planned on implementing the first and third option in some way so that's great.
            I agree there should be a filter, but this should be based on the amount of time that player has spent on a specific position. If I enter a game I'm usually a PG or SF because those are the positions I prefer, no one can pressure me into PF or C cuz' we're all going to have a really bad time lol. I also 100% agree on the 1v1, it's a issue lol

Comment

Game basically forces everybody to the West server, which makes the East server empty. Should be a way to determine best server based on location. Not only would this even out the population of both servers, but it will tone down the lag a bit playing with players closer to you.

Comment

Yup. Exactly!. Where you at mods? Admin?

Comment

Originally posted by xionone View Post
                  Game basically forces everybody to the West server, which makes the East server empty. Should be a way to determine best server based on location. Not only would this even out the population of both servers, but it will tone down the lag a bit playing with players closer to you.
                  Most definitely! That's such a great idea. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

1. we should have the option to blacklist people (during the post game reward screen) to never be paired with them again. this will guarantee that we won't play on the same team with someone who just lost us the game with their ball-hogging, stupid, selfish play. Basically, let us police ourselves. But, do NOT give people the ability to kick others during a match, as this will, as in every other game ever, give abusers the same power, who will team up and kick a good player for no good reason, who will not get any reward (griefing).

2. the scoring system should be reworked to give people more points if they changed the outcome of the game, or simply just "hung around". this would encourage teamwork. at the moment everyone is guaranteed the same score after a game, regardless of input. i know this is being worked on, but still... Also, Getting the MVP should earn you extra rewards, maybe like a spinner or a scratch card or whatever gambling, free-to-play games use nowadays. BUT, never should an MVP award go to a player on the losing team; this currently is ridiculous.

3. BUT most importantly, the game engine needs to be fixed. my prestige 4 Amanda with a mid-range shot score of 221 (one of the highest) still only makes 65% of open, uncontested shots from mid court, fade-aways, jumpers or layups. THIS IS UNACCAPTABLE and needs addressing. Also, it's way too easy to block right now. People regularly block some of my fade-aways from literally a mile away; very frustrating. Successful fade-aways should be completely un-blockable, or require a special skill only attainable for some characters.
                    Basically, it seems like some characters are way OP in some respect, while others are extremely lacking.

Comment

Working...
                    X